Thursday, November 15, 2012

'It was the most beautiful experience of my life': Giuliana and Bill Rancic baptise their son Duke in touching ceremony


They welcomed their son Duke via surrogate in August after a very public battle with infertility.
And Giuliana Rancic and her husband Bill have just celebrated a family milestone with the two-month-old.
The couple had their little boy Duke baptised during a ceremony that took place in Los Angeles on November 4th. 
Milestone: Giuliana and Bill Rancic had their little boy Duke baptised during a ceremony that took place in Los Angeles on November 4th
Milestone: Giuliana and Bill Rancic had their little boy Duke baptised during a ceremony that took place in Los Angeles on November 4th
In a picture the pair have since shared, the proud parents are seen holding their bundle of joy, who is dressed in a traditional white christening gown.
Beaming, the couple are also dressed-to-the-nines, with Bill in a dapper suit and Giuliana wearing a pretty cream and black lace dress.
'Seeing Duke's eyes shining up at us in church in his white christening gown was one of the most beautiful experiences in my life,' Giuliana told Life & Style of the christening.
'Bill and I made vows on his behalf - our faith is very strong - and Duke was just smiling the whole time. He's such a good baby.' 
Little cutie: The couple dressed their son in a football hat for Halloween, and Giuliana posted this cute snap on her Twitter account last month 
Meanwhile, Giuliana has recently returned to hosting E! News following three months of maternity leave.
She appears alongside her new co-host Terrence Jenkins, who is replacing Ryan Seacrest on the hit entertainment news show.
Giuliana and Bill welcomed little Duke on August 29, 2012, via surrogate, following her very public battle with infertility.  
Recently, the TV presenter revealed she had no idea pursuing her dreams of a career would put her hopes of having a family in jeopardy.
Baby joy: Giuliana and Bill welcomed little Duke on August 29, 2012, via surrogate, following her very public battle with infertility
Giuliana was 35 when she and husband Bill began trying for a family - but had already left it too late.
'I always say how I chased my career instead of chasing guys,' she revealed in the November issue of the U.S. magazine Health.
'And everybody was patting me on the back. No one ever told me, "Oh, by the way, your eggs change when you reach a certain age." I didn't think 35 was old!
'So when the doctor said, "It’s not as easy as you thought it would be," it was a real blow. Because I felt so young.'
She explained that had thought she was in perfect health.
'I mean, this is a girl who was running six miles a day, and eating healthy, so how can you tell me that I’m not healthy in that department?'
Giuliana's failed battle to conceive through IVF, her subsequent diagnosis with breast cancer, then her journey to motherhood through surrogacy, formed the major plotline of her show Giuliana & Bill on the Style network.
Giuliana told the magazine she would never have agreed to do the show had she known what was to come.
'Had you given me a crystal ball when we were signing on to do the reality show that said, "This is what's coming up, do you want to do it?" I would've said absolutely not,' she said.
'You couldn't pay me enough. But, looking back, I'm so happy that I did do it.'
E! presenter Giuliana admitted she found it tough to see others around her seemingly falling pregnant with ease.
She said she experienced jealousy, thinking: 'I'm a good person, and I could give someone the greatest life of all, but yet I can't get pregnant.
'And then you watch these TV shows, 16 and Pregnant, and these girls who want nothing to do with their babies are pregnant. And you're going, what?'
Giuliana had gone through two failed IVF cycles, one of which ended in miscarriage, before tests unexpectedly revealed she had breast cancer at 36.
The disease was in its early stages, and would not have been discovered were it not for the IVF.
Giuliana's wish to have a child had a happy ending, when she and husband Bill, 41, finally welcomed their son Edward Duke via surrogate.
And she says Bill was her rock when received the shock news that she had cancer.
'Afterward, I ran into my dressing room and started hysterically crying,' she said. 'Bill was really the one who had to pick me up off the floor and say, "Hey, we’re making a plan here." He took over.'
And she said she made herself stay as positive as possible.
Baby joy: Giuliana and Bill welcomed little Duke on August 29, 2012, via surrogate, following her very public battle with infertilityBack to work: Giuliana recently returned to work after taking three months maternity leave
Back to work: Giuliana recently returned to work after taking three months maternity leave 
'Whenever I was so sad, when I was on the floor kicking and screaming and crying, the best way I could pull out of it was when I would remind myself, "Even with this happening, you're still better off than a lot of people."
'For me, it was saying '"Yes, I have breast cancer…" But, you know what? Thank god I'm going to a good doctor.
'I'm so fortunate I found it early. I'm so fortunate to have Bill. I'm so fortunate that I have a boss who understands.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2233584/Giuliana-Bill-Rancic-baptise-son-Duke-touching-ceremony.html#ixzz2CKer3IpD 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook